The Rise of The Aliases! I wasn’t exactly a stranger to aliases before but something about the second explosion of work around 2008-2010 meant I was wanting to branch out and not get bogged down with past failures while I was learning…many of which I had to fix on Volume 2!
instamatic, Captain Obvious, Dj cONTaMInAtioNs, Mashbusters, timbearland, Buyrite Soundsystem, they are all here, including never released originals for the first 72 which got hacked around in the final mix -and the receipts on what happened there – and various album projects I was part of like APC’s ‘We All Kissed A Girl’ or ones organised like the Joe Strummmer one This One’s For Joe and Fleetwood Mix.
DJ Hero and GYBO challenges get a look-in too, as does a lot of dubstep which ages this compilation. And like Missy and Em in the last one there are a few artists I mashed once and never again but were ever-present – Deadmau5’s Ghosts n’ Stuff, Flo-Rida’s Low, Eric Prydz’s Pjanoo, Ting Ting’s Shut Up And Let Me Go, The Gossip’s Standing In The Way of Control, White Stripes’ Seven Nation Army, that Duck Sauce track….
Surprised at how uptempo this is, very much aimed at Bootie at this point, and how difficult some of it was to master – I was learning Ableton which strangely made it harder to mix and tweak since although I still use that software, I moved platforms since so many plugins don’t work on my Mac – and I was struggling with using electro house – Daft Punk, Justice etc which has all these mid-range frequencies that clash with vocals.
Also I set T-Racks not only to stun but quite often it’s ‘Kill’ setting – this was the middle of the loudness wars! Hence why I remastered gentler versions here – I don’t like my work to be that bricked, even if it does ‘cut through’ dancefloors.
36 tracks, mostly remastered and for the first time in lossless high quality – 25 album tracks and 11 bonuses with demos, alternate versions and extra tracks that didn’t make the album cut.
Download Kodiak Moment 3: Best of Instamatic & Captain Obvious 2008 – 2011 on my Bandcamp or over at the Bootleg Archive
- Instamatic – Willesden Blue (The Orb vs Mescaleros vs Bonzo Dog Band – 2007 from MP3 source, 2020 remaster)
- Instamatic – English Ghost (Dillinja & Lemon D vs The Clash – 2007 – 2020 remaster)
- Dj cONTaMInAtioNs – Genesis of the Rascals (Dizzee Rascal vs Justice – 2009)
- Instamatic – Blue Robot Love (Candi Staton vs New Order vs RoÌˆyksopp featuring Robyn – 2008, released 2011 – 2020 remaster)
- Instamatic – Neon Sex People (Neon Neon vs Depeche Mode and Latour – 2008 – 2020 remaster)
- Instamatic – Silence Anywhere (Depeche Mode vs Presets – 2008 – 2020 remaster)
- Instamatic – I Kissed a Monster (Katy Perry vs L7 vs Lesbians on Ecstasy – 2008 – 2020 remaster)
- Instamatic – White Witch Dub (Dubmatic version – Fleetwood Mac vs Skream – 2008 – 2020 remaster)
- Instamatic – Ground Shelter (Fear) (Stereo MCâ€™s vs Rolling Stones vs Benga vs Fun Boy 3 – 2008)
- timbearland aka Instamatic – Justice Is Blind In This Land of Confusion (72 Pt 9 original entry – Lady Sovereign vs Justice vs is vs Hercules & Love Affair – 2009 – 2020 remaster)
- Instamatic – Florida Ghost Tour (Flo-Rida vs Deadmau5 – 2009 – 2020 remaster)
- Instamatic – Go Your Own Steinway (Eric Prydz vs Fleetwood Mac – 2009 – 2020 remaster)
- Instamatic – Shut Up And Ting (Ting Tings vs Shut Up And Dance – 2009 – 2020 remaster)
- timbearland aka Instamatic – Last Night A DJ Tied Up Madonna (72 Pt 17 rejected entry – Madonna vs LFO vs Indeep – 2009, 2020 ter)
- Instamatic – Standing in the Way of Jack White (The Gossip vs White Stripes – 2009 – 2020 remaster)
- Instamatic – Stalker Fever (Fever Ray vs Aphrodite – 2009 – 2020 remaster)
- timbearland aka Instamatic – Wee Acid Space Woman (72 Pt 17 2nd entry (Charlie vs The Juan Maclean vs Wee Papa Girl Rappers – 2020 remaster)
- Instamatic – Dubble Blow Job (Bruce Haack vs RAH Band vs Disrupt – 2009 – 2020 remaster)
- Captain Obvious – Right Gaga (Flo Rida ft Ke$ha vs Lady Gaga – 2010, 2020 tweak-remaster)
- Captain Obvious – The Light of Pleasure (Dionysus vs Apollo full mix – Scissor Sisters vs Frankie Goes To Hollywood – 2010)
- Captain Obvious – Self Couleur (Laura Branigan vs Crookers ft Yelle – 2010 – 2020 remaster)
- Instamatic – Nasty Chewing Girls (12â€³ Bubblicious Genius mix) (Vanity 6 vs Annie vs Tom Tom Club – 2010, 2020 remaster) – MP3 e
- Instamatic – Fela Down the Chippy (Swears Heâ€™s Hot) (Fela Kuti vs Hot Chip – 2010 – 2020 remaster)
- Captain Obvious – Ravril (What The SL2) (SL2 vs Avril Lavigne – 2011 – 2020 remaster)
- Instamatic – Electric Loop (Pendulum vs Judas Priest vs Ulysses 31 vs Willy Wonka – 2011 – 2020 ‘Turn It To 11’ remaster)
- Mashbusters – I Was Made For Barbra Streisand But She Gave Love A Bad Name aka Duck Kiss (Duck Sauce vs Kiss vs Bon Jovi – 2011 – remaster)
- Buyrite Soundsystem – Dem Girls Stealing My Rolex (Zig and Zag vs Wiley – 2008 – 2020 remaster)
- Instamatic – Blue Robot Love demo (Candi Staton vs New Order vs RoÌˆyksopp featuring Robyn – 2009)
- Dj cONTaMInAtioNs – BonkersJustice (Dizzee Rascal vs Justice â€“ 2009)
- Instamatic – S.W.A.T â€“ Sugar Cube With Attitude (Compton Hit) (Sugarcubes vs N.W.A.- 2010)
- Captain Obvious – The Light of Pleasure (Silenus in Shorts mix – 2010)
- Instamatic – Ground Shelter (Hope) (Stereo MCâ€™s â€˜vs Rolling Stones â€˜Gimme Shelterâ€™ vs Benga – 2008)
- Instamatic – Make My Pjanoo Feel That Way (demo – Eric Prydz vs Blackalicious – 2009 – 2020 master)
- Instamatic – Nasty Chewing Girls (7â€³ Juicy Fruit mix – Vanity 6 vs Annie – 2010) – MP3 source
- Instamatic – Blue Robot Love Dub (New Order vs RoÌˆyksopp featuring Robyn – 2009)
- Instamatic – White Witch Dub (Fleetwood Mac vs Skream – 2008 – 2020 remaster)
Leave a Comment! Be nice….