Again, a personal mashup about alienation, state of the world….and mental health.
DJNoNo has been so busy trying to sell knock-off Gameboys and novelty facemasks – I told him it’s a bit late for both – that he asked me to post this for him. An entry to the Crumplbangers Reggae weekly challenge, it seems to be a ska Tetris theme / DJ Assault ‘Ass N’ Titties’ crossover partly nicked from CheapyD but different sources, so not totally a reboot? Who knows with DJNoNo.
It’s very rude,crumpl and err, 8 bit? Well 64 bit since he handed me a crumple dirty fag packed with the sources scibbled on – it’s DJ Assault – Ass n Titties (Remix?) vs Prince Fatty – The Good, The Vlad and the Ugly and some Tetris N64 beeps. As you do.
DJNoNo – Ska N’ Tetris (Ass N’ Tetris Ska version) (Prince Fatty vs DJ Assault)
Created for the Spoken Word challenge at Crumplbangers Discord, probably the first and only Nils Frahm mashup in existence?
New mashup and everyone is making Lil Nas X – Montero mashups so I thought I’d get down with the kids and have a go, since I love it and he has raised the game as a queer artist. Also Adriana from Bootie challenged people to make more original Montero mashups with more genre clash sources, so thought I’d have a go.
EDIT: New version of my Beatles vs Lil Nas X – Montero mashup. Yes still retired but I have unfinished business with that fricking acappella.
It’s apparently D sharp Phrygian. Really?
This is one of my favourite Beatles tracks – You Never Give Me Your Money – vs Montero (Call Me By Your Name) and is about that controversy when they well removing Montero from streaming services – what was that about? And of course I had to add in the children’s song at the end, but it’s more good children go to hell, right? Well us queer ones do, apparently.
I gave it a psych spin – set phasers to stun! Actually the acapella is quite psychedelic llike the video if you listen closely, a lot of strange production – and that auto-chorus/Vocoder From Hell which caused me problems otherwise this would have been up many days ago. Still not perfect, but if I get it 100% on my usual schedule, it’d be released in 2022!
There are more mashups to come, I’ve just been in a funk about polishing them, it seems a lot of work to get the last 1% perfect…but I have some really nice ambient ones coming up using my favourite band (not Beatles, no)
DJNoNo’s First Album – Accordion Hero! (well if you don’t count Ballroom as an album, it is more like mini-album or long EP…that will be posted after this for the full DJNo ‘experience’). 16 years in the making it covers the best and a little of the rest of 2004-2020.
Silly mashups, bastard pop, soundclown, or crumplebangers – take your pick of label he spans the all! from the little red bootleg robot. Mixing accordions, hip hop, drum and bass, Julie Andrews, kid’s themes, rude songs, Muppets, cheesy golden oldies, dub reggae, rave and happy hardcore, balllroom big band ALL together! And making a totally dumb mess while doing it.
30 tracks including 3 bonuses and 5 unreleased or rare tracks that never made it past the podcast or a fleeting blog mention! Now all in HQ lossless – and only 3 of them are from MP3, the rest have been painstakingly sourced from lossless, remastered or tweaked/re-exported.
- DJNoNo – Just Lose The Accordion (Eminem vs Myron Floren – 2004 – 2020 remaster)
- DJNoNo – B-Boy Polka (DJ Kool Herc vs Lawrence Welk – 2004?)
- DJNoNo – Em Is A Nagging Fly (Crossover vs Eminem vs Roy Orbison – 2004 – 2020 remaster)
- DJNoNo – Too Many Egos (70 second version – Alter Ego vs Cardigans vs Justice vs. Simian vs White Stripes – 2004)
- Instore – FCUKK Fashion (Prodigy ft PWEI vs David Bowie vs DJ Yoeri vs John Creamer And Prince Quick Mix- 2004 – 2020 remaster)
- DJNoNo – I Love Happy Hardcore (Fuck Happy) (Fiddler’s Dram vs Kids In The Hall vs DJ Buzz Fuzz vs Poogie Bear – 2004-5 – MP3 source)
- DJNoNo – Supercalibreakz (Julie Andrews & Dick Van Dyke vs Shy FX – 2005)
- DJNoNo – Imperial Nanny (John Williams vs Julie Andrews vs Orbital vs 2 Bad Mice – 2005, finished 2015)
- DJNoNo – DRM Bombscare (2 Bad Mice vs Julie Andrews & cast – 2009 – 2020 remaster)
- DJNoNo – Chitty Chitty Gang Bang (Julie Andrews and cast vs Pendulum featuring Freestylers vs Capone – 2005)
- DJNoNo – Cha Cha Like It’s Hot (Snoop Dogg ft. Pharrell Williams vs Starlight Strings – original 2005 version)
- DJNoNo – Snoop Duck (Snoop Dogg ft. Pharrell Williams vs Jean Jacques Perrey & David Chazan – 2006 – 2020 remaster-tweak)
- DJNoNo – County Sound (Count von Count vs Dillinja vs Aphrodite – 2006)
- DJNoNo – Cross Channel Pigeon (Dastardly and Muttley theme vs Aphrodite vs Pendulum – 2008)
- DJNoNo – Fraggle Ross (Fraggle Rock theme vs SebastiAn – 2008)
- DJNoNo – Jetboy Flashback (Elton Motello vs Cyantific feat. Logistics – 2006)
- DJNoNo – Scarey Xmas (Mariah Carey vs Dillinja vs Unknown Error – 2008)
- DJNoNo – Yo-Yo Roll (The Osmonds vs Aphrodite vs Hugo Montenegro vs Swingle Singers – 2009, 2020 remaster)
- DJNoNo – Those Were The Drums (Mary Hopkin vs Aphrodite vs osymyso – 2010 – MP3 source)
- DJNoNo – Trolololowooble (Eduard Khil vs Aphrodite – 2010, 2020 remaster)
- DJNoNo – Batty Dub (Weedy G vs Count Von Count – 2010 – 2020 remaster)
- DJNoNo – My Name Is Bub (Eminem vs Herbert Chappell – 2011 – 2020 remaster)
- DJNoNo – 99 Hardcore Problems (Jimmy Jay vs Jay-Z – 2014 – 2020 remaster)
- DJNoNo – Jungle Monkees (DJ Krust vs Monkees – 2016)
- DJNoNo – Charming Infiltrator (The Smiths vs Altern-8 – 2018-2019)
- DJNoNo – Trumpton Lockdown (Kanye West vs Urban Hype – started 2008, finished 2020)
- DJNoNo – Vicious Silence (Simon & Garfunkel vs Vicious House -2018-2019)
- DJNoNo – Charming Infiltrator (Chipmunk Version – The Smiths vs Altern-8 – 2018-2019)
- DJNoNo – Moog It like It’s Hot (Snoop Dogg ft Pharrell Williams vs Jean Jacques Perrey – 2006? – MP3 source)
- DJNoNo – 99 Polkas (And A Ballet Aint One) (Squeezettes vs Jay-Z – 2014, 2020 remaster)
Picking up where the first one left off with also a look into the pre-history of my first mashups – included is my third ever mashup, and there is earlier in the secret bonus section *only* with the full album download.
Includes: Exclusive unreleased bootlegs and annotations for each bootleg, extra bonus demos and alternate versions, and I have remixed and remastered many of them to make them all nice and shiny for 2020.
I have sourced 36 of the 38 tracks from lossless sources, many for the first time as they existed only as low-res MP3 on here.
It is like a bootleg box set!
And there is more to come in this set, I have deeply raked over the last 17 years of making mashups.
- Instamatic – Future Sound of Peaches (Future Sound of London vs Peaches 2003-4)
- Instamatic – Jump Uprising minimix including Ludakris Bastard version (Ludacris vs Kriss Kross vs Kid Carpet), Jump x2 (House of Pain vs Kriss Kross) and Renegade Trouble (Wildchild vs Beastie Boys) – 2004
- Instamatic – My Telephone Doesn’t Work (aka Telephonic Sympathy – Missy Elliott vs Kraftwerk vs Coldcut vs Grandmaster Scott and Dynamic 3 – 2005 – 2020 tweaks)
- Instamatic – Peaches n’ Orbs (shorter version) (Roy Orbison vs Peaches – 2004)
- Instamatic – Infidel Milkshake Party (Wyclef Jean featuring Missy Elliott vs Kelis – 2004)
- Instamatic – Work It Tiger (Le Tigre vs Masters at Work – 2004)
- Instamatic – Weed Milkshake (Luniz vs Kelis – 2004 – 2020 repitch)
- Instamatic – Radio4Play (extended) (Radio 4 vs Shannon – 2004)
- Instamatic – Altogether Let It Be Me (The Farm vs Nancy Sinatra – 2004)
- Instamatic – Fragile Tomorrow (Fragile State vs Kings of Tomorrow – 2004 – 2020 remaster)
- Instamatic – My Room Is A Warm Place (NIN vs Nancy Sinatra vs Depeche Mode – 2004)
- Instamatic – Missy Wants A White Horse (Missy vs Laid Back vs Jacky – 2004)
- Instamatic – Dirty Money Mouth (Rose Royce vs Ol’ Dirty Bastard featuring Kelis – 2005, 2020 tweak-remaster)
- Instamatic – LFO Can’t Turn Around (LFO vs Farley Jackmaster Funk vs Foremost Poets- 2006 – 2020 remaster)
- Instamatic – Push it Slut (French Avenue) (Avenue D vs Salt n’ Pepa vs Kraftwerk – 2006 remake)
- Instamatic – Burn Yr Radio (P.E. Version) (Queen vs Leftfield vs Public Enemy – 2006)
- Instamatic – Ghetto Tits (Outkast vs Peaches vs Scissor Sisters – Solcofn partial reboot – 2006 remake)
- Instamatic – Madonnaâ€™s Hung Up (aka Letâ€™s Hang Madonna) – 2006
- Instamatic – Alison She’s So Horsey (Goldfrapp vs Laid Back vs DJ Weight Problem – 2006)
- Instamatic – Nothin’ Crazy aka Crazy Marvin (Gnarls Barkley vs Marvin Gaye – 2006)
- Instamatic – Dirty Hitchhiker (Christina Aguilera vs Bernie Leadon – 2006)
- Instamatic – Juicy Clare (B52’s vs The Strokes – 2006, released 2007)
- tbc – Swan Rot Chaos (Michael Nyman vs Blackalicious – 2006)
- tbc – Saturday Sunshine (Boards of Canada vs Roy Ayers – 2006, remade 2012)
- tbc – I Try But The Words Weigh Too Much (Macy Gray vs Kings of Convenience (Four Tet mix) – 2006 – 2020 tweak-remaster)
- tbc – Cowboy Mary (Boards of Canada vs Scissor Sisters – 2006 – 2020 remix)
- Instamatic – Basement Void (Sterling Void vs Basement Jaxx 2003)
- Instamatic – Blancmange Milkshake (Blancmange vs Kelis – 2004 *from MP3 source)
- Filthy McNasty – Song 2 Divided By Zero (Blur vs Pet Shop Boys vs My Robot Friend – 2005)
- Instamatic – Madison Heartbreak (Maisonettes vs Madison Avenue – 2004 *from MP3)
- Instamatic – Let The Uziq Play (U-Ziq vs Shannon – 2004 demo)
- Instamatic – Like To Coup You Well (Howard Jones vs 23 Skidoo – 200? demo)
- Instamatic – Ludakris (Bastard version with Kid Carpet vs Ludacris vs Kriss Kross – 2004)
- tbc – Mama Believe Me Now (Scissor Sisters vs E.L.O. 2006 – 2020 remix)
- Instamatic – Peaches n’ Orbs (full-length version – Roy Orbison vs Peaches – 2004)
- Instamatic – Push It Slut (2004 original 2020 remaster-tweak)
- tbc – Sunday Work-Hating Jam (Various – 2004)
- Instamatic – Weed Milkshake (Luniz vs Kelis – 2004 original)
Just a reminder that I’ll be talking to beardmeister Pimpdaddysupreme who is interviewing me part of his Masters of Mash series (who? me?) for 2 hours from 7pm BST this Wednesday 27th May (there might be something special if you turn up early though 😉 at his Twitch – PDSMix.
Pretty sure we’ll be talking mashups/bootlegs/bastard pop history, my background history and firsts, Bastard and UK bootleg scene, Bootie, this very blog and podcast, Bootleg Archive, videos and mashups I’ve done…unless we get distracted by our wonderful beards that is! 😉
A lot of tea will be dished (and cake, plenty of cake unless I eat it first). Be there or be somewhere else with a lot less beards. And where’s the fun in that?
Nuff Hardcore Problems, Primadonna Bitches!
Jimmy Jay-Z and the Happy Hardcore Posse Nena Style, 99 Problems And A Bastard Invasion Aint One. 2006 CREW REPREZENT!
Mad OLd skool props goes out to Jay-Zeezer, 10 years of 99 Luft Problems! PROJECT FLAKE IN DA AREA!
DJNoNo‘s frankly quite worrying love affair with Aphrodite (not as dodgy as his obsession with Julie Andrews, the stalking court hearing is in a few weeks) continues with this ode to the Asylum ‘Those Were the Drums’ mashing Mary Hopkin’s 1968 classic ‘Those Were the Days’ with ‘London Massive’ by Aphrodite – and craftily sneaking in some Osymyso talking about Bastard at the Asylum for Swiss TV all those years ago…
This was played back in November at the 72 night, not got around to posting that and the other tunes I did until now…rest will follow hopefully 😀
‘Kodiak Moment’ promotional Instamatic CD – Artwork by Pheugoo
A lot of my old boots/mashups haven’t been online for years – most people don’t know I’ve created something like 50+ mashups as Instamatic since 2003, more as DJNoNo and as tbc and various aliases…there have been quite a few mashups ‘retrospectives’ recently, and the odd request to find various tracks so here is my Greatest Misses…tracks that fell down the cracks!
Also a few tracks such as the Jump megamix (Jump x2 and Renegade Trouble) and the Too Many Egos haven’t been properly released before.
Also includes my first released mashup – FSOL vs Peaches, so you can see how far little I’ve developed…I did think ‘shall I redo some of these?’ or fix some of the mistakes I can hear now – I thought not since I hate that when say bands re-release ‘tweaked’ or ‘improved’ versions of old songs. Publish and be damned!
Thanks to RevMenagerie who requested my Negativland / String Quartet mashup…
NOTE: Some of these tunes are severely NSFW – especially FCUKK Fashion…
- The Future Sound of Peaches (FSOL vs Peaches)
- Missy Wants A White Horse (Missy vs Laidback and jacky – one of my personal faves)
- Fragile Tomorrow (Kings of Tomorrow vs Fragile State)
- FCUKK Fashion (Prodigy vs Bowie and DJ Yoeri) (as Instore – with the Kate Moss situation strangely topical now!)
- Kylie’s Ass is a Spaceship (Kylie vs SFA vs NERD)
- Still haven’t Found It (Negativland live vs String Quartet)
- Blancmange Milkshake (Kelis vs Blancmange)
- Satan Bush Blair (Bootie edit – original featured over at Bushwhacked)
- Ludakriss (Kid Carpet intro) – (here’s the original with the Kid Carpet ‘Jump’ intro)
- Altogether Let it Be Me (An exercise in combining songs inspired by Pachelbel’s Canon – Nancy Sinatra vs The Farm)
- Radio 4Play (Shannon vs Radio4) – I got kind of obsessed by Shannon’s ‘Let the Music Play’, and then Kelis’s Milkshake…shows huh?
- My Muppet Band (Tokyo Ska Orchestra vs D12 – originally over at Strangely Familiar website)
- Infidel Milkshake Party (Wyclef & Missy vs Kelis)
- Work it Tiger (Le Tigre vs Masters at Work)
- Egyptian Jet (Bangles vs Jet -a month later a mix of this appeared on 7″ – dunno if it was mine?)
- Shannon’s Knuckles (Shannon vs Rankie Knuckles)
- Madison Heartbreak (Maisonettes vs Madison Avenue)
- Brightside Slippy (never totally finished since I was afflicted by a sudden inexplicable hatred of the Killers)
- Fire (Bootie edit of a minimix – DJ Zebra mixed into Fire mix (Grandmaster Scott vs Radio4 vs Electric6 vs Trammps)
- Jump minimix – Ludakriss / Jumpx2/ Renegade Trouble – first time online! (Made for Uprising 3.5, also played in part at Bastard –
Kid Carpet / Ludacris vs Kriss Kross / House of Pain vs Kriss Kross / Wildchild vs Beasties)
and from the DJNoNo canon, a few rarities:
- I Love Happy Hardcore (Fuck Happy) – first DJNoNo boot, done for a Happy Hardcore competition where mrNo shows how much he likes Happy Hardcore…
- Too Many Egos – full version (various based on the odd acapella version of EgoRocker and a pisstake of several Ego-Rocker boots – a short 70s version that eventually appeared on Marty Batfreak’s 100 mix)
- Em is a Naggin Fly (Crossover vs Eminem vs Roy Orbison – pisstake of Eminem boots and mrNo trying to prove Bush No.10 wrong when he said Eminem boots now didn’t work. Did thaNo succeed? Erm, pass…)