Again, a personal mashup about alienation, state of the world….and mental health.
DJNoNo’s Anti Angry set (starts 7 mins in) for the still-going Crumplstock 9 is up – yes didn’t take him weeks to post it! And he goes HARD and intense and fast – think silly plunderphonic mashcore, donk, Does It Bang?, gabba, breakcore, bootleg, white label, classical techno, even a bit of disco and strange Xtian music. And that’s just the danceable bits.
Extreme BPMs, dumb noise and very angry and a wee bit offensive. To anyone with ears, basically. Can you survive the DJNoNo Set Survival Challenge?
It’s made of WRONG. So it’s very crumpl. pure Crumplbangers! ;-(
- SPYRO – Nobody Likes The Records
- Phil Mac – Welcome To The Jungle
- Malcolm Middleton And David Shrigley – When Words Fall In A Toast
- Spongebob Squarewave – Feel Da Luv
- Audiotist – Gimme Gimme
- G3RSt – Gimme Pussy! (ABBA vs. Rammstein)
- Little Marcy – I Love Little Pussy
- JAKAZiD – Donk Español
- Petrol Hoers – Baby Donk
- DJNoNo – Eva’s Polkka Donk Troosers (Bilal Göregen vs Donald Where’s Your Troosers vs Donk)
- Classical Techno – Vivaldi 2000 (club mix)
- Edwin Triumph – Music Banger
- rastatroll – Big Up (feat general levy)
- JAKAZID – Wanasthasia (T99 vs. Spice Girls)
- Alien Hand – Zaggacore
- Katy Stott – Chirpy Chirpy Cheep (Disco Version)
- Rokhausen – Pianomang
- DJNoNo – Leave Home For A Watermelon Tonight (Too Busy Edit) (Savoy Havana Band vs Chemical Brothers)
- Dsico – Compton Magic (N.W.A. vs. Olivia Newton-John)
- Sarah Brightman – Who Wants To Live Forever (Xenomania Club Mix)
- Moped – Livin’ on A Prayer
- GFOTY – GFOTY – Creep (Ur A)
- Spongebob Squarewave – Witney Riddim
- pomDeter – Annie’s Napalm
Just a reminder I have a track on this year’s Summer Booty from DJ Useo – very proud of it, it’s called ‘Summertime Shake’ and it’s Taylor Swift’s ‘Shake It Off’ vs DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Kool and the Gang sampling ‘Summertime’ – the whole 3 album set is good, a lot of summer jams (and one winter jam ;-( ) – you can download it here https://audioboots.org/Albums/SB2021/
Useo asked me to be on the album which is really kind, but nothing came to me until the night of the deadline. I was going through tracks for last week’s Crumplbangers challenge and left Summertime playing while I was listening to Shake It Off and went ‘hold on…this works!’. I am a massive Kool & The Gang fan (I even own a 7″ of Jungle Boogie, blame Pulp Fiction for that) and Summertime is basically Summer Madness so it was Kool and the Gang by proxy for me..
You can see the cover I made for it above.
And appropriately for the 4th of May, here’s the 4th volume of my best-of series ‘Kodiak Moment’ taking us up to the modern day – 2012-2020. Includes tracks from my last retirement which lasted a lot longer than this one, and even includes a Star Wars mashup as well (Star Wars Gurlz from 2015).
We even have three mashups from what I call ‘How To Mash In An Apocalypse’ series, about the lockdown and pandemic – and the first track that lead into the Black Block album.
For the first time we have the few of my viral hits in lossless quality and remastered – ‘Her Breath Is The Wind’ and the Captain Obvious swansong ‘Madonna Has A Kiki’ which still crops up in the oddest places still (a dance class video was my favourite). Most bar the newer tracks have been remastered, and there are three bonus tracks.
- Captain Obvious – Madonna Has A Kiki (Madonna vs Scissor Sisters) – 2012
- Instamatic – Let Me Go Sunshine (Heaven 17 vs Rockers Revenge vs The Clash) – 2012
- Instamatic – Wedding Hounds (Futureheads vs Billy Idol) – 2012
- tbc aka Instamatic – Her Breath Is The Wind (Rhiannon’s Breath) (Sia vs Fleetwood Mac) – 2012
- tbc aka Instamatic – the Golden Mirror (Elbow vs Fleetwood Mac) – 2012
- Instamatic – Push Groove (Dee-Lite vs Salt n’ Pepa) – 2013
- Instamatic – Impact Mode (Depeche Mode vs Presets) – 2009 finished 2014
- Instamatic – Still Haven’t Found It (Negativland vs String Quartet 2014 version)
- Instamatic – Star Wars Gurls (Katy Perry vs Meco) – 2010, finished 2015
- Instamatic – Lost At The Beach (The Clash vs Beach House) – 2015
- Instamatic – Dark Dreams (Fleetwood Mac vs Sparklehorse and Dangermouse) – 2015
- Instamatic – TV Nation (Daft Punk vs Spearhead vs Montrose) – 2016
- Instamatic – Liability Shade (Lorde vs Procol Harum) – 2019
- Instamatic – Wish I Could Wake In September (COVID-19 Mashup – Pink Floyd vs Green Day vs Richard Hendrick) – 2020
- Instamatic – Wish I Could Wake In September (COVID-19 Mashup – Pink Floyd vs Green Day – demo) – 2020
- Instamatic – Ghost Rats (B. Dolan vs Ghost vs Zeropoint) – 2020
- Instamatic – Daft Punk Everywhere (Daft Punk vs Fleetwood Mac) – 2020
- tbc aka Instamatic – Spiralling (Every Circle In It’s Right Place) (Post Malone vs Radiohead) – 2020
Not one but TWO Montero / Beatles Mashups? With MY reputation? And I’m supposed to be retired and all…yeah…seems to be a short retirement now I’ve gotten Black Block out of the way. That was indeed blocking me and getting me down along with other stuff…but no promises, we’ll see if it lasts. I also fixed the key issues with the first one as well.
Also I wouldn’t let this acapella beat me, because it was frustration with that which made me gently ragequit.
Just following the orders of ‘Tiger Mom of Mashups’ Adriana of Bootie about making more Montero genre clash mashups…done for the Montero Genre Clash challenge on the Crumplbangers Discord.
This was my original idea, to use the acapella with a heavier track until I came across ‘You Never Give Me My Money’ – but now I know the actual KEY (D Sharp Phrygian? Weird) I found a Beatles track in that actual key – Day Tripper AND it does a key change like the chorus. Woo!
Pun name doesn’t work as well, but you can’t have it all…I bet UMG will hate this too!
Thanks to vixoriadrift for the advice on some timing issues on v1 of this mashup and key help, and Leandro Moniz and many others for the original acapella advice.
New mashup and everyone is making Lil Nas X – Montero mashups so I thought I’d get down with the kids and have a go, since I love it and he has raised the game as a queer artist. Also Adriana from Bootie challenged people to make more original Montero mashups with more genre clash sources, so thought I’d have a go.
EDIT: New version of my Beatles vs Lil Nas X – Montero mashup. Yes still retired but I have unfinished business with that fricking acappella.
It’s apparently D sharp Phrygian. Really?
This is one of my favourite Beatles tracks – You Never Give Me Your Money – vs Montero (Call Me By Your Name) and is about that controversy when they well removing Montero from streaming services – what was that about? And of course I had to add in the children’s song at the end, but it’s more good children go to hell, right? Well us queer ones do, apparently.
I gave it a psych spin – set phasers to stun! Actually the acapella is quite psychedelic llike the video if you listen closely, a lot of strange production – and that auto-chorus/Vocoder From Hell which caused me problems otherwise this would have been up many days ago. Still not perfect, but if I get it 100% on my usual schedule, it’d be released in 2022!
There are more mashups to come, I’ve just been in a funk about polishing them, it seems a lot of work to get the last 1% perfect…but I have some really nice ambient ones coming up using my favourite band (not Beatles, no)
I did this mashup of Daft Punk – Digital Love vs Fleetwood Mac – Everywhere back in November, and hung onto to it although it got debuted on the Radio Clash podcast. But now Daft Punk are no more it seemed the right time to release it in their honour. Salute!
P.S. this isn’t the only Everywhere mashup I am working on…or indeed the only FM mashup generally. Depends how many work but was thinking of working on an album or EP of them.
Picking up where the first one left off with also a look into the pre-history of my first mashups – included is my third ever mashup, and there is earlier in the secret bonus section *only* with the full album download.
Includes: Exclusive unreleased bootlegs and annotations for each bootleg, extra bonus demos and alternate versions, and I have remixed and remastered many of them to make them all nice and shiny for 2020.
I have sourced 36 of the 38 tracks from lossless sources, many for the first time as they existed only as low-res MP3 on here.
It is like a bootleg box set!
And there is more to come in this set, I have deeply raked over the last 17 years of making mashups.
- Instamatic – Future Sound of Peaches (Future Sound of London vs Peaches 2003-4)
- Instamatic – Jump Uprising minimix including Ludakris Bastard version (Ludacris vs Kriss Kross vs Kid Carpet), Jump x2 (House of Pain vs Kriss Kross) and Renegade Trouble (Wildchild vs Beastie Boys) – 2004
- Instamatic – My Telephone Doesn’t Work (aka Telephonic Sympathy – Missy Elliott vs Kraftwerk vs Coldcut vs Grandmaster Scott and Dynamic 3 – 2005 – 2020 tweaks)
- Instamatic – Peaches n’ Orbs (shorter version) (Roy Orbison vs Peaches – 2004)
- Instamatic – Infidel Milkshake Party (Wyclef Jean featuring Missy Elliott vs Kelis – 2004)
- Instamatic – Work It Tiger (Le Tigre vs Masters at Work – 2004)
- Instamatic – Weed Milkshake (Luniz vs Kelis – 2004 – 2020 repitch)
- Instamatic – Radio4Play (extended) (Radio 4 vs Shannon – 2004)
- Instamatic – Altogether Let It Be Me (The Farm vs Nancy Sinatra – 2004)
- Instamatic – Fragile Tomorrow (Fragile State vs Kings of Tomorrow – 2004 – 2020 remaster)
- Instamatic – My Room Is A Warm Place (NIN vs Nancy Sinatra vs Depeche Mode – 2004)
- Instamatic – Missy Wants A White Horse (Missy vs Laid Back vs Jacky – 2004)
- Instamatic – Dirty Money Mouth (Rose Royce vs Ol’ Dirty Bastard featuring Kelis – 2005, 2020 tweak-remaster)
- Instamatic – LFO Can’t Turn Around (LFO vs Farley Jackmaster Funk vs Foremost Poets- 2006 – 2020 remaster)
- Instamatic – Push it Slut (French Avenue) (Avenue D vs Salt n’ Pepa vs Kraftwerk – 2006 remake)
- Instamatic – Burn Yr Radio (P.E. Version) (Queen vs Leftfield vs Public Enemy – 2006)
- Instamatic – Ghetto Tits (Outkast vs Peaches vs Scissor Sisters – Solcofn partial reboot – 2006 remake)
- Instamatic – Madonnaâ€™s Hung Up (aka Letâ€™s Hang Madonna) – 2006
- Instamatic – Alison She’s So Horsey (Goldfrapp vs Laid Back vs DJ Weight Problem – 2006)
- Instamatic – Nothin’ Crazy aka Crazy Marvin (Gnarls Barkley vs Marvin Gaye – 2006)
- Instamatic – Dirty Hitchhiker (Christina Aguilera vs Bernie Leadon – 2006)
- Instamatic – Juicy Clare (B52’s vs The Strokes – 2006, released 2007)
- tbc – Swan Rot Chaos (Michael Nyman vs Blackalicious – 2006)
- tbc – Saturday Sunshine (Boards of Canada vs Roy Ayers – 2006, remade 2012)
- tbc – I Try But The Words Weigh Too Much (Macy Gray vs Kings of Convenience (Four Tet mix) – 2006 – 2020 tweak-remaster)
- tbc – Cowboy Mary (Boards of Canada vs Scissor Sisters – 2006 – 2020 remix)
- Instamatic – Basement Void (Sterling Void vs Basement Jaxx 2003)
- Instamatic – Blancmange Milkshake (Blancmange vs Kelis – 2004 *from MP3 source)
- Filthy McNasty – Song 2 Divided By Zero (Blur vs Pet Shop Boys vs My Robot Friend – 2005)
- Instamatic – Madison Heartbreak (Maisonettes vs Madison Avenue – 2004 *from MP3)
- Instamatic – Let The Uziq Play (U-Ziq vs Shannon – 2004 demo)
- Instamatic – Like To Coup You Well (Howard Jones vs 23 Skidoo – 200? demo)
- Instamatic – Ludakris (Bastard version with Kid Carpet vs Ludacris vs Kriss Kross – 2004)
- tbc – Mama Believe Me Now (Scissor Sisters vs E.L.O. 2006 – 2020 remix)
- Instamatic – Peaches n’ Orbs (full-length version – Roy Orbison vs Peaches – 2004)
- Instamatic – Push It Slut (2004 original 2020 remaster-tweak)
- tbc – Sunday Work-Hating Jam (Various – 2004)
- Instamatic – Weed Milkshake (Luniz vs Kelis – 2004 original)
Part of a series called ‘let’s make the life hard of those who finished their festive mashup compilations in October’, – finally live, the Xmash compilation new and old Christmas Classics in ‘high’ quality – well we are in part talking DJNoNo here so quality is extremely subjective – but two new mashups from me, including one that has only just been finished and not previously released – the Massive Attack vs Greg Lake one.
Yes I made Massive Attack’s Teardrop simultaneously upbeat and festive and more depressing…how strange the change from major to minor. It is very much a Lockdown Xmas Coronacoaster bittersweet track…
Some old classics and two new mashups now in high quality in a single downloadable package! From bah humbug mashups and downtempo chilled dubby ambient mixes to upbeat drum and bass and party tunes, to a set of covers by TBC Poundsystem – and there even is a Secret Santa gift if you download the whole album!
Have a Happy Christmas and New Year in lockdown, and be as safe as possible…it is going to be a weird one, and this one goes out to those who have a love/hate thing with this time of year. I see you – and even better I have warped festive tunes for you!
- DJNoNo – Christmas Wapping (Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion vs The Waitresses – 2020)
- TBC Poundsystem – Losing My Sledge (Michael Jackson vs Andrews Sisters & Bing Crosby vs LCD Soundsystem vs Lipps Inc – 2012)
- DJNoNo – Scarey Xmas (Mariah Carey, Dillinja and Unknown Error – 2008)
- DJNoNo – 12 Vaulting Hippos (Pendulum vs Gayle Peevey 2005)
- DJNoNo – BlacKmas Dub (Poly Styrene vs Stenchman vs Invader Zim 2011)
- TBC Poundsystem – Losing My Sledge original (2005)
- DJNoNo – Christmas Maus (Deadmau5 vs Bruce Haack 2012)
- tbc aka Instamatic – Massive Lake (Teardrops At Xmas) (Massive Attack vs Greg Lake – 2020)
- TBC Poundsystem – Losing My Sledge Dub (Michael Jackson vs Andrews Sisters & Bing Crosby vs LCD Soundsystem vs Lipps Inc –
And I have uploaded the first Kodiak Moment to Bandcamp, which oddly I never added here til now, although I posted the ‘Greatest Misses’ with the same artwork, confusingly!
- DJNoNo – Just Lose The Accordion (Eminem vs Myron Floren)
- Instamatic – Ludakriss (Kriss Kross vs Ludacris)
- Instamatic – Push It Slut (Avenue D vs Salt n’ Pepa)
- Instamatic – Ghetto Peaches (Solcofn partial reboot – Peaches vs Outkast vs Scissor Sisters)
- DJNoNo – Em Is A Nagging Fly (Crossover vs Eminem vs Roy Orbison)
- Instamatic – Satan Bush Blair (Bootie Version – Orbital vs Freeland vs Eric Idle vs George Bush)
- tbc aka Instamatic – Comfortable Run (Scissor Sisters vs Air)
- Instamatic – Spanish Bombs (The Clash vs Outkast off London Booted)
- Instamatic – Stone Cold Roses (Outkast vs Stone Roses)
- Instamatic – GodLife (Blur vs Beach Boys from Parkspliced)
- Instamatic – Triple Spin (Dead or Alive vs Marilyn Manson vs Hi-Tek 3)
- Instamatic -Smells Mighty Real (Sylvester vs Sandra Bernhard vs Nirvana – Short version)
- Allen Smithee – Right Profile (The Clash vs The Streets – from London Booted)
- Instamatic -Kylie’s Ass Is A Space Ship (Kylie vs N.E.R.D. vs Super Furry Animals)
- tbc aka Instamatic – Long Gone (Super Furry Animals vs Beach Boys)
- tbc aka Instamatic – (My True Love Has a) Golden Beard (Blur vs Nina Simone vs Slowdive – off Parkspliced)
- tbc aka Instamatic – (Whitney Goes To Hollywood Frankie Goes To Hollywood vs Whitney Houston)
Just a reminder that I’ll be talking to beardmeister Pimpdaddysupreme who is interviewing me part of his Masters of Mash series (who? me?) for 2 hours from 7pm BST this Wednesday 27th May (there might be something special if you turn up early though 😉 at his Twitch – PDSMix.
Pretty sure we’ll be talking mashups/bootlegs/bastard pop history, my background history and firsts, Bastard and UK bootleg scene, Bootie, this very blog and podcast, Bootleg Archive, videos and mashups I’ve done…unless we get distracted by our wonderful beards that is! 😉
A lot of tea will be dished (and cake, plenty of cake unless I eat it first). Be there or be somewhere else with a lot less beards. And where’s the fun in that?