Planned 10 years ago, the Ballroom EP (now album) has been a long time coming…two of the tracks were released (here in a remastered or better quality form) but the rest laid in the Unfinished folder.
Mixing ballroom music – big band, jazz, bossa nova, exotica, swing, easy listening and classical pops – with hip hop and r n’ b years before the term electroswing was invented, I’m surprised no-one has done an album concept like this in the last decade?
Dedicated to Mr Fab, Evolution Control Committee and all the Crumplebangers Crew.
- Mexican Love War (Public Enemy ‘Make Love Fuck War’ vs Geoff Love ‘Mexican Hat Dance’)
- Push It Muchacho (Salt n’ Pepa ‘Push It’ vs Esquivel ‘Mucha Muchacha’)
- March of the Forgotten (Joe Loss ‘Mark of the Mods’ vs Dre ft Eminem ‘Forgot about Dre’)
- Swing The Guillotine (Death Grips ‘Guillotine’ vs Glen Miller ‘In The Mood’)
- Stripper Jackson (Joe Loss ‘The Stripper’ vs Michael Jackson ‘The Way You Make Me Feel’)
- Quando Tip (Q-Tip ‘Breathe And Stop’ vs Manuel ‘Quando Quando Quando’)
- Super Wheels (Eminem ‘Superman’ vs Joe Loss ‘Wheels Cha Cha’)
- Ludasifinado (Ludacris ‘Stand Up’ vs Laurindo Almeida ‘Desafinado’)
- Cha Cha Like It’s Hot (Snoop Dogg ‘Drop It Like It’s Hot’ vs Starlight Strings ‘Unforgettable’ 2015 remaster)