‘Kodiak Moment’ promotional Instamatic CD – Artwork by Pheugoo
A lot of my old boots/mashups haven’t been online for years – most people don’t know I’ve created something like 50+ mashups as Instamatic since 2003, more as DJNoNo and as tbc and various aliases…there have been quite a few mashups ‘retrospectives’ recently, and the odd request to find various tracks so here is my Greatest Misses…tracks that fell down the cracks!
Also a few tracks such as the Jump megamix (Jump x2 and Renegade Trouble) and the Too Many Egos haven’t been properly released before.
Also includes my first released mashup – FSOL vs Peaches, so you can see how far little I’ve developed…I did think ‘shall I redo some of these?’ or fix some of the mistakes I can hear now – I thought not since I hate that when say bands re-release ‘tweaked’ or ‘improved’ versions of old songs. Publish and be damned!
Thanks to RevMenagerie who requested my Negativland / String Quartet mashup…
NOTE: Some of these tunes are severely NSFW – especially FCUKK Fashion…
- The Future Sound of Peaches (FSOL vs Peaches)
- Missy Wants A White Horse (Missy vs Laidback and jacky – one of my personal faves)
- Fragile Tomorrow (Kings of Tomorrow vs Fragile State)
- FCUKK Fashion (Prodigy vs Bowie and DJ Yoeri) (as Instore – with the Kate Moss situation strangely topical now!)
- Kylie’s Ass is a Spaceship (Kylie vs SFA vs NERD)
- Still haven’t Found It (Negativland live vs String Quartet)
- Blancmange Milkshake (Kelis vs Blancmange)
- Satan Bush Blair (Bootie edit – original featured over at Bushwhacked)
- Ludakriss (Kid Carpet intro) – (here’s the original with the Kid Carpet ‘Jump’ intro)
- Altogether Let it Be Me (An exercise in combining songs inspired by Pachelbel’s Canon – Nancy Sinatra vs The Farm)
- Radio 4Play (Shannon vs Radio4) – I got kind of obsessed by Shannon’s ‘Let the Music Play’, and then Kelis’s Milkshake…shows huh?
- My Muppet Band (Tokyo Ska Orchestra vs D12 – originally over at Strangely Familiar website)
- Infidel Milkshake Party (Wyclef & Missy vs Kelis)
- Work it Tiger (Le Tigre vs Masters at Work)
- Egyptian Jet (Bangles vs Jet -a month later a mix of this appeared on 7″ – dunno if it was mine?)
- Shannon’s Knuckles (Shannon vs Rankie Knuckles)
- Madison Heartbreak (Maisonettes vs Madison Avenue)
- Brightside Slippy (never totally finished since I was afflicted by a sudden inexplicable hatred of the Killers)
- Fire (Bootie edit of a minimix – DJ Zebra mixed into Fire mix (Grandmaster Scott vs Radio4 vs Electric6 vs Trammps)
- Jump minimix – Ludakriss / Jumpx2/ Renegade Trouble – first time online! (Made for Uprising 3.5, also played in part at Bastard –
Kid Carpet / Ludacris vs Kriss Kross / House of Pain vs Kriss Kross / Wildchild vs Beasties)
and from the DJNoNo canon, a few rarities:
- I Love Happy Hardcore (Fuck Happy) – first DJNoNo boot, done for a Happy Hardcore competition where mrNo shows how much he likes Happy Hardcore…
- Too Many Egos – full version (various based on the odd acapella version of EgoRocker and a pisstake of several Ego-Rocker boots – a short 70s version that eventually appeared on Marty Batfreak’s 100 mix)
- Em is a Naggin Fly (Crossover vs Eminem vs Roy Orbison – pisstake of Eminem boots and mrNo trying to prove Bush No.10 wrong when he said Eminem boots now didn’t work. Did thaNo succeed? Erm, pass…)